It is known that the individual person is one the primary sources of nosocomial infection in the operative setting. Hand scrubbing results in significant reduction of pathogen carriage. This effectively reduces the incidences of SSI which account second most occurrence in HAI.
XEPITM Scrub CHG
Antiseptics hand / skin Scrub
Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution IP – 20 % v/v
(Eq. to Chlorhexidine Gluconate – 4 % w/v)
Purified Water IP
Mechanisms of Action :
CHG elicits both bacteriostatic and bactericidal activities based on the concentration. The efficacy of CHG as a suitable agent against microbe lies in its ability to disrupt the microbial cell wall. As a result of which the ATP- nucleic acid leaks out. CHG interacts with phosphate group of microbial cells which in turn affects the osmotic equilibrium. Hence causing cell death.
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- High foaming and viscosity.
- Effectively removes oil and debris from the skin.
- Non-staining and skin friendly.
- Easy to wash off.
- Persistent antimicrobial activity up to 6 hours.
- Effective even in the presence of organic matter.
- Contact Time: 2 minutes.
Applications & Directions for Use:
|Applications||Directions of Use|
|Pre-surgical hand scrubbing by healthcare practitioners||Wet hands and forearms with water. Dispense 5 ml of XEPITM Scrub CHG and scrub thoroughly over palms and arms till elbows for 2 minutes to develop copious suds. Rinse under running water. Repeat twice and dry with sterile towel.|
|Pre-surgical scrubbing at the operative site||Wet the shaved skin area with water. Apply sufficient amount of XEPITM Scrub CHG (1 ml is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 sq.in) and scrub thoroughly for 2 minutes. Rinse off with sterile gauze. Paint the skin with SANMEDIN 5% and allow it to dry.|
Available packs: 100 ml, 500 ml.
XEPITM Scrub PVP
Povidone Iodine Scrubbing Skin Cleanser
Povidone-Iodine IP – 7.5% w/v
(Equivalent to Available Iodine 0.75% w/v)
Purified Water – Q.S.
Mechanisms of action :
The antimicrobial action of Povidone-iodine occurs after iodine disassociates from the complex. On contact with tissue Povidone-iodine releases free iodine. In the free form, iodine rapidly penetrates microbial (Pathogen) cell membranes and oxidizes the pathogenic structures (proteins, nucleotides, and fatty acids) in the cytoplasm and cytoplasmic membrane. Free iodine also breaks DNA & RNA strands of the pathogens hence there is no development of resistance against PVP iodine formulations, Due to this interaction it ultimately results in rapid cell death. Then the dead cells are engulfed by phagocytes.
- Broad Spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- Good Dermatological Compatibility.
- Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
- Pre-operative scrubbing and washing of operative site and hands by surgeons and theatre staff.
- Post –operative Scrubbing & Cleaning of hands.
- Cost Effective.
Identification of treated skin areas:
- To prevent Nosocomial infections the affected skin area must be disinfected before major and minor surgical procedures.
- XEPITM Scrub PVP is an aqueous PVP-Iodine preparation superior to other antiseptics for disinfecting wound and mucous membrane.
Pre and Post operative scrubbing and washing of hands by Surgeons and theater staff
- Wet hands and forearms with water. Pour about 5 ml of XEPITM Scrub PVP surgical scrub on to the palm and rub the same thoroughly over the entire area for about 2 minutes. Use a brush if desired.
- Add a little water to develop copious suds. Finally rinse thoroughly under running water.
Pre-operative cleansing at the operative site
- Apply XEPITM Scrub PVP surgical scrub (1 ml is sufficient to cover an area of 20-30 sq.in) on the Pre-shaved and wet skin and rub the same thoroughly for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- The layer so developed may be rinsed off with sterile gauze saturated with water. The area may then be painted with XEPITM Scrub PVP water solution and allowed to dry before incision.
Post-operative wound Treatment
- After the wound has been closed and any incision foil removed. Clean the suture and surrounding skin area with a XEPITM Scrub PVP saturated swab.
- Depending on the type of dressing, cover the wound while the skin is still moist or, if adhesion is necessary alter the skin has dried.
Available packs: 500 ml.