XEPI™ Skin Prep
Surgical Skin Prep/Antiseptic Solution
Broad Spectrum Antimicrobial Solution
Fast-acting & Long-lasting
Broad-spectrum antimicrobial solution with rapid and persistent action for pre and post-surgical skin antisepsis
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate - 2 % w/v
- (Eq. to Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution IP - 10 % v/v)
- Isopropyl Alcohol IP - 70% v/v
- Colour – Carmosine - Q.S
- Purified Water IP - Q.S
- With emollient and moisturizers
Applications:Pre & Post-surgical skin antisepsis
Directions for use:Use undiluted. Apply directly to skin.
Apply sufficient XEPI™ Skin Prep on operative and post-operative skin regions and allow to dry before incision, application of dressing, drape or casting.
To be applied from neck and below only.
Dries up quickly - within 30 seconds
Exposure Time – at least 15 seconds
• XEPI™ Skin Prep - Contains Chlorhexidine Gluconate IP 10% v/v (Equivalent 2% w/v Chlorhexidine Gluconate) and Isopropyl Alcohol IP 70% v/v
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep is microbicidal against all bacteria including MRSA, EHEC, Fungi and viruses.
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep has residual effect throughout the procedure
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep can be used to clean the site prior to CVC insertion and also the maintenance of catheters
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep ensures rapid healing of skin after surgery
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep does not more than one wet swab; highly economical for preparation of surgical skin
• XEPI ™ Skin Prep solution conforms to CDC, AORN and FDA guidelines for skin preparation and is clinically proven to be effective with a single application, is non-toxic to skin
• Persistent activity for 6 hours
• Suppresses bacterial regrowth for 72 hours
• Single application
• Meets CDC ( Centers of disease control and prevention ) and AORN ( association of perioperative registered nurses) guidelines
• Pleasant Colour and fragrance
Range of Application:
• Preparation of patients skin prior to surgery
• Before and during catheterization and during dressing changes
• Intravenous site preparation
• Surgical site cleaning after stitching
• Treatment of skin prior to covering fractures with cast
• Do not mix with detergents or other chemicals
• Keep out of eyes, ears and mouth
• Keep away from children
• Contraindicated in case of known hypersensitivity to chlorhexidine
• If skin irritation or rash occurs, discontinue use immediately
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water
Storage:Store in a cool place, away from heat and light.
1. CDC-USA, recommends use of tincture of 2% CHG preparation in place of either 10% PVP or 70% alcohol
2. USA FDA has approved tincture of 2% CHG preparation for skin antisepsis. Other preparations of CHG might not be as effective
3. ISCM (Indian society of critical care medicine), recommended that skin preparation should be with aqueous or alcoholic CHG (0.5-2%) for cleaning the skin prior CVC insertion and also during catheterization.