Composition:ChlorhexidineGluconate Solution IP â€“ 7.5% v/v Cetrimide IP â€“ 15% w/v Isopropyl alcohol- 7% v/v
Antimicrobial Activity:Broad spectrum even in presence of organic matter
Bactericidal, Fungicidal &Virucidal
Contact Time:1 minutes
Salient Features:Strong synergistic action .
Non-staining and non-corrosive in recommended dilutions
Excellent material compatibility
Effective in reducing cross infection in hospitals
Effectively removes bio-burden from the affected areas
Rapid onset of action
Broad spectrum activity
Cost effective due to high dilutions
Applications & Directions for Use:
|Applications||Directions of Use|
|Disinfection of linens and blankets||Di0.5% (5 ml made up to 1 L with water)|
|Cleaning and disinfection of equipment, furniture
Storage of sterile instruments
Cleaning and disinfection of post-operative wounds
Swabbing in OBG departments
Storage of thermometers
In pharmaceutical, food and dairy industry for floor mopping and surface disinfection
|1% (10 ml made up to 1 L with water)|
|Cleaning and disinfection of dirty wounds
Aseptic management of burns
Disinfection soak for used items e.g. catheters, rubber appliances prior to sterilization
|3.5% (35 ml made up to 1 L with water)|
|Skin disinfection for invasive procedures
Emergency disinfection of clean instruments
Disinfection of thermometers
|35 ml + 200 ml water made up to 1 L with 95% alcohol|
- Sodium nitrate (0.4% or 4 x 1 gm tablets per L) should be added to the solution to prevent rusting. The solution should be changed at weekly intervals..
- Syringes and needles which have been immersed in the solution should be rinsed very carefully with sterile water before use for spinal injection.
- Instruments containing mirror or other cemented glass components should not be immersed in DEZSEP HC solution.
- Prolonged immersion of rubber appliances is not recommended.
- Prolonged and repeated applications to skin is not recommended as hypersensitivity may occur.
- Store below 25Â°C.
PresentationHDPE bottles of 5 L, 1 L.